Rainforest Action Network (RAN) challenges corporate practices that threaten our forests and our climate, protects the rights of communities that depend on these resources, and promotes forward thinking strategies to preserve of our planet. A core principle in that effort is our commitment to finding systemic solutions that do not promote or continue systems of oppression or injustice.
RAN has experienced significant growth over the past few years and the development department is looking for extra support in handling the day to day processing of donations from a variety of sources.
We are looking for a new part-time, temporary employee to assist with data entry and acknowledgement of donations, along with other regular development-office tasks. Contract is for three months, with the possibility of extension at the end of the three-month period.
- Open all development related mail and arrange them for data entry as per agreed procedure.
- Enter all check, credit card, direct debit transactions into Raiser’s Edge database as per agreed procedure.
- Work directly with Senior Staff Accountant to process checks and documentation as per agreed procedure.
- Generate and prepare letters for acknowledgement or other in-house mailings.
- File relevant materials and occasionally assist in transferring files to storage.
- Organize and cleanup data in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Do any other development department related tasks as required by the Membership Manager, Donor Systems Associate, or other development staff.
This position is based in RAN’s San Francisco headquarters. The successful candidate will need to be able to work in downtown San Francisco fast-paced office – remote work is not possible.
- Fast typist, ability to learn keyboard shortcuts. Data entry experience preferred.
- Comfortable working on the computer and learning new programs. Database and Microsoft Excel experience preferred, Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
- Detailed oriented and thorough.
- Ability to lift and carry banker boxes full of documents.
- Responsible and trustworthy - experience handling money/credit cards.
- Some experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Interest in RAN’s mission, environmental action, and racial justice a plus.
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
Part time, temporary employee will work an average of 14 hours a week with a rate of $18 / hour for this work. The salary for this position is competitive for the small non-profit San Francisco Bay Area market.
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title and your name in the subject line. Feel free to include online portfolio, personal website, LinkedIn page or any other online resume you update. No phone calls, please.