If you’re like me and have a feeling this is a crappy deal but you weren’t sure exactly why, take a look at David Sirota’s latest article on the subject.
Here is a summary of the article… the top five reasons members of Congress should (and as we’ve seen today, many have) vote against the bill:
1. This Bailout’s Inherent Fiscal Insanity Could Make Problem Worse
2. Experts on both the left and right say this bailout could make things worse
3. There are clearly better and safer alternatives
4. Any Incumbent Voting for This Puts Themselves At Risk of Being Thrown Out of Office
5. Corruption and Sleaze Are Swirling Around These Bailouts — and America Knows It