Between now and the end of February, Palm Oil Activists around the world are putting PepsiCo in a Time Out until it cuts Conflict Palm Oil. Why a Time Out? PepsiCo is acting like a stubborn child – one who wants all the toys (or profits) but none of the responsibility. We need your help to hold PepsiCo to account.
PepsiCo is the largest globally distributed snack food company in the world and is a major user of Conflict Palm Oil. PepsiCo’s continued unwillingness to take responsibility for the consequences of the palm oil in its supply chain is shocking. The company continues to fry its chips and fill its products with palm oil sourced from controversial, unknown plantations — products like its Quaker Oats Chewy bars that end up in lunch boxes every day.
Thanks to your hard work and consumer pressure, our campaign on PepsiCo is building momentum. But the forests are still falling and we are not there yet. Tropical rainforests, endangered wildlife and exploited laborers need PepsiCo to start taking this issue seriously and to take immediate steps to create real change. It’s our job to keep the pressure up, and demand that PepsiCo demonstrates to its customers that it can be trusted to provide products free of Conflict Palm Oil.
Here’s how you can take action right now:
STEP 1: Download and print a handful of copies of THIS card (on recycled paper, of course).
STEP 2: Ask your friends, family members, colleagues and people on the street to sign the card to demand that PepsiCo Cut Conflict Palm Oil! There are a lot of great ways to collect a ton of cards at once:
- Grab some friends and head out to a busy spot in your town.
- Set up a table at a grocery store or farmers market and ask passerby’s to stop and sign a card.
- Ask for a few minutes on the agenda of any gathering that you are a part of. You could ask everyone in your office at a staff meeting, all of your peers in a class or all of the members of your club/sports team/religious group etc.
- Ask a local business if they can keep a stack of cards on their counter (leave an envelope for people to leave their cards for you to mail in!)
- Share this blog post on Facebook and Twitter to invite people in your circles to join in on the action.
STEP 3: Mail your cards! If you live in the US, PepsiCo’s mailing address is:
700 Anderson Hill Road
Purchase, NY 10577
STEP 4 (Optional): If you live in the United States and plan on getting more than 10 cards signed and sent to PepsiCo, fill out this simple order form and we will send you a package of snazzy pre-printed cards and cool campaign stickers.
Together, we have the power to transform our broken food system, force the palm oil industry to respect the rights of workers and forest communities, and protect rainforests which are the homes of the last wild orangutans. Put PepsiCo in a Time Out by mailing your card right now!