What’s your New Year’s resolution? This year, RAN wants to help you make a resolution you can keep (in 20 minutes or less, for free!).
Everybody needs a legal will (even if you’re going to be alive for the next hundred years), but too many people put it off year after year.
So, lots of our supporters are making 2019 the year they get their plans in order. Making a will gives you peace of mind and lets you show your love for the people and causes close to you.
If you choose, you can also include a gift to RAN to keep our mission strong for generations far in the future. It’s the biggest gift most people will ever give, and it costs you nothing now.
Join your fellow supporters in making a transformative difference and checking a big item off your list in just 20 minutes.
Gift and Legacy Planning
Bequests and other estate gifts have provided vital support for RAN’s mission throughout its history. For over 30 years, RAN has campaigned to preserve the rainforests, protect the climate and uphold human rights. We understand that protecting the planet does not happen overnight. Every day, new threats arise, and when old growth forests are destroyed, public lands are razed for fossil fuels, and Indigenous communities are displaced, there is no way to undo the damage. The devastating effects of corporate greed on our planet will be felt by generations, and some ecosystems may never recover. Making a gift to RAN through your estate is a powerful way to help protect our planet for future generations, no matter what threats arise.
RAN is committed to doing whatever it takes to protect the planet — and with your support, we will continue to get results.
Sample Bequest Language
Bequests to Rainforest Action Network are generally either for a specific sum of for the residue, or a percentage of the residue, of the estate. The following are some examples:
- Residuary or Percentage Bequest: “I give, devise and bequeath to the Rainforest Action Network, a non-profit corporation of the State of California, located at 425 Bush St, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94108,
1) all the residue of my estate.
2) % of the residue of my estate.
- Specific Amount Bequest: “I give, devise and bequeath to the Rainforest Action Network, a non-profit corporation of the State of California, located at 425 Bush St, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94108, the sum of $ _____.”
- Our legal name is Rainforest Action Network.
- We are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization under the Internal Revenue Code.
- RAN’s Federal Tax I.D. is #94-3045180.
For more information, please contact Emily Selzer at email@example.com or call 415-398-4404.
Vision + Action Newsletters