Corporations and their long-reaching supply chains, together with the banks providing the capital, are driving deforestation, ignoring land rights and other human rights violations and further destabilizing our climate to turn the quickest profit. The current zoonotic pandemic has exacerbated global racial and economic inequity and only escalated risks to Indigenous and local communities.
Brands and banks must take real action to prevent further human rights violations and deforestation. We call on them to Keep Forests Standing and Uphold Indigenous Peoples Rights now.
- Adopt No Deforestation, No Peatland and No Exploitation (NDPE) Policies
- Release Forest Footprint and Monitoring Systems
- Prevent Violence and Uphold Human Rights
- Hold Bad Actors to Account
- Prove Compliance by Business Partners
Despite lofty commitments, 17 major brands and banks aren't doing enough to prevent deforestation and rights abuses in their supply chains.Read More
The #SaveBenzoinForests movement has generated 23 thousand petition signatures to protect an Indigenous community's benzoin forests in North Sumatra, Indonesia.Read More