RAN’s digital and communications teams work at the intersection between our Forest and Climate campaigns. This intersection includes RAN staff, frontline allies, activists, and long time supporters. Telling the story of RAN as network and leading campaigning organization while both respecting and lifting up the voices of allies is central to RAN’s narrative. As we continue to build on this narrative we are looking for a strong videographer who understands and is able to tell a story of nuance at these intersections.
Storytelling and narrative building is only part of it. As an organization that engages in corporate campaigning we need to find ways to use PR jujitsu and use brands strength to highlight their bad policies around human rights and the environment. This means being able to create high impact and creative video concepts that meet campaign goals. We are looking for a high energy creative who is able to deliver projects that meet deadlines and campaign goals.
RAN is looking for a motivated, passionate and hard-working videographer to join the team on a six month contract. The ideal candidate has had experience setting up systems for archiving and cataloging video content. Capturing, logging, and producing high impact video content for the web is a must.
This contract is for 6 months with the RAN team based from San Francisco but with the need to travel to filming locations.
- Creating a system for cataloging and managing archival footage.
- Developing video narrative.
- Developing organizational video style with Editorial Team.
- Shooting new footage.
- Editing new and archival footage into web based content.
- Producing 1 campaign video roughly 60-120 seconds in length roughly every other week.
- Producing at least one informational short 15-30 seconds every week.
- A minimum of three years experience with videography; preferable for activist or issue based causes.
- Proficient in editing software such as Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro.
- Experience with other services like After Effects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to locations at times remote and possibly hostile to campaigners.
- Passionate commitment to climate protection, human rights, racial justice, and/or corporate campaigning.
- Solid computer skills (MS Office-literate).
- Additional language skills from regions in which we work are a plus, including but not limited to Spanish.
RAN is committed to advancing equity and justice, educates staff on issues including privilege and oppression, and integrates these values into our work. We are in the process of building out our racial justice lens and are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
To apply: Please send email of interest, with any of the following: resume, link to reel, past projects, or personal website to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.