Rainforest Action Network challenges corporate practices that threaten our forests and our climate, protects the rights of communities that depend on these resources, and promotes forward thinking strategies to preserve of our planet. A core principle in that effort is our commitment to finding systemic solutions that do not promote or continue systems of oppression or injustice.
For 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life. Over the last decade, RAN’s Energy and Finance Program has succeeded in pushing leading banks like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citi and Royal Bank of Canada to pass policies that curb investments in companies that contribute to deforestation and climate change.
Rainforest Action Network (RAN) seeks a well-organized, can-do collaborative team member to serve as RAN’s new Development Assistant. With this newly created role, the Development Assistant will play an integral part in supporting the administrative, coordination and project management needs of RAN’s fast-paced, growing seven-person development department. Under the supervision of the Foundations Director, the Development Assistant will work to support both institutional fundraising activities and department wide administrative functions at RAN and help ensure the development department is organized, coordinated and well-positioned to do our best work. This position will work out of RAN’s San Francisco office, located in the Financial District.
- Coordinate institutional grant process, including agreement requirements, financial information; hard/soft copy and database filing and upkeep
- Conduct prospect research and outreach assistance (conduct database research, generate reports as required; accompanying outreach support, research on philanthropic conferences and workshops)
- Support project management by organizing institutional giving information and communication sharing across the department and the organization (e.g. creating, managing and updating Google drives folders and documents)
- Support and coordinate communications to funders including periodic mailings and email updates
- Provide other support for institutional giving as assigned
Development department support:
- Filing for Development department activity (Server, Google, Hard copies, etc.)
- Support meetings & event coordination
- Manage departmental calendar and scheduling
- Provide support to department managers (dept. mailings, drafting emails, letters and other communications)
- Participate in RAN’s Racial Justice initiative and trainings
- Provide other support for development department as assigned
- BA/AA preferred but not required
- Experience providing administrative support, research and data support in a busy development department
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Previous experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar database, strongly preferred
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and inclusive environment
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift and transport banker boxes
- Please upload a writing sample along with your application
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
The salary for this position is competitive for the small non-profit San Francisco Bay Area market. Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus an employer funded HSA), VSP & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vesting employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly with the link below: