Available now, RAN has an opening for an Independent Contractor (non-employee) position on our Digital Engagement Team for an Online Fundraising Associate to support engagement and online fundraising. This part time (20-30 hour/week) position is open immediately, and is currently offered through June at a rate of $25/hr. The Online Fundraising Associate will work closely with RAN’s Digital Campaign Strategists to provide the technical backbone necessary for effective online fundraising and campaigning. The successful candidate will be meticulous in construction of online resources, have thoughtful ideas on how to create fundraising emails and digital ads which support the campaigns and are engaging to the supporters and donors who will participate in them. On the back end, the Online Production Associate will be responsible for evaluating data, testing, and reporting back on insights and knowledge gained from each online action completed. In addition
Location: Flexible, San Francisco Bay Area helpful. A successful applicant outside of San Francisco must be comfortable and effective working in a distributed team remotely.
- Draft and execute email membership and fundraising email campaigns.
- Drive engaging online petitions and sign ons for email list growth.
- Build, test, and deploy digital ads, online actions and donation pages.
- Actively explore digital advertising options beyond the current options
- Liaison with Digital ads consultant and maintain that relationship
- Create weekly and monthly reports on the progress of online fundraising and list growth
- Use online tools such as Share Progress, Brigade, Causes, and MoveOn Petitions to increase reach and growth for RAN’s campaigns.
- Create forms and surveys using Nation Builder.
- Use Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other data reporting tools to track all communications and their impacts.
- Provide analysis of online performance and recommendations for changes when needed.
- Preferred: Experience with online fundraising for advocacy or for profit sectors.
- 6 months - 1 year of experience using online advocacy tools such as Nation Builder, Blue State Digital, Action Kit, Salsa, Convio, etc.
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Strong creative writing skills.
- Be an excellent cross channel communicator.
- Experience using social media such as Twitter and Facebook
- Experience using basic reporting tools to analyze and track data
- Ability to work independently from a remote location, to follow instructions, and complete tasks across time zones with a minimal amount of supervision if necessary
- Preferred: Experience using A/B testing in an advocacy or marketing capacity
- Strong commitment to and belief in the power of using online resources to help empower communities and activists to right wrongs and make change in the world.
RAN works to advance racial justice, educates staff on issues including privilege and oppression, and integrates these values into all of our work. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this process and work with us to create a just, inclusive, and sustainable work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities.
Please send resumes and letters of interest to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Status Exempt, Full Time
Location: Flexible: San Francisco Bay Area, Sierra Nevada foothills, or remote.