Rainforest Action Network challenges corporate practices that threaten our forests and our climate, protects the rights of communities that depend on these resources, and promotes forward thinking strategies to preserve of our planet. A core principle in that effort is our commitment to finding systemic solutions that do not promote or continue systems of oppression or injustice.
About the position:
RAN is looking for an innovative, organized, self-motivated, and qualified individual to be the main driver of RAN’s multi-channel fundraising from individuals giving under $1,000. The role has a heavy emphasis in three main areas that include email and online ads fundraising, membership management, and direct mail. Each of these areas will require the Membership Coordinator to have strong project management skills, and be comfortable working across departments at RAN. In this role the Membership Coordinator will be closely aligned with the content of RAN’s Forests and Climate & Energy campaigns to carry their campaign messages to email, online ad, and direct mail giving opportunities.
Acquiring new donors and hitting fundraising targets will be primary goals for this role. With the online ads and direct mail programs this role will be supported by outside firms under contract; and the membership coordinator will directly maintain these relationships. The Membership Coordinator will develop and implement the strategies to reach our budget goals with a mixture of creativity and attention to detail while using data to make it all happen.
Through all of this, the role will use a moves management and generational giving mindset to create a positive experience for all of RAN’s supporters. The Membership Coordinator will work closely with the Donor Systems and Operations Coordinator, as well as RAN’s development and digital teams.
- Produce content for emails, direct mail, and online ads.by working closely with content teams to find opportunities to connect giving to the program narrative;
- Manage membership calendar;
- Acquisitions: Increase RAN's membership base and total membership through digital and offline means;
- Work with Donor System and Development Operations Coordinator to track performance of digital ads. This includes development of a concise, consistent reporting method for each area of income in membership to communicate ROI of each project;
- Increase the monthly donor/sustainer program through digital and offline through creative marketing;
- Create and maintain annual membership revenue and expense budget
- Participate in RAN's organizational planning and training sessions, weekly RAN staff, and development department meetings. Share office responsibilities to maintain a healthy and safe workplace. Contribute to Campaign success as appropriate during external activities.
- Two to five years fundraising experience with an emphasis in digital and offline fundraising content development and overall strategies;
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, preferably in promotional writing and mass communications for a multi-generational digital and off line audience.
- Experience supervising consultants and outside vendors.
- Customer service orientation helpful.
- Working knowledge of budgeting processes and principles.
- Technical knowledge of relational database management, preferably with Raiser's Edge.
- Digital savvy, especially as it pertains to marketing, communications, fundraising. Exceptional ability to handle fast paced annual calendar, manage multiple projects, and to track projects from beginning to completion.
- Team player, creative problem solver, charismatic self-starter.
- Knowledge and/or interest in international environmental concerns and activism preferred.
- Knowledge and interest of issues surrounding anti-oppression and diversity a plus.
- Work well with little supervision in a fast paced, ever evolving environment.
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
The salary for this position is competitive for the small non-profit San Francisco Bay Area market. Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus an employer funded HSA), VSP & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vesting employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title and your name in the subject line. If possible please include online portfolio, personal website, LinkedIn page or any other online resume you update. No phone calls, please.
For more information on our work please visit: www.ran.org