Rainforest Action Network challenges corporate practices that threaten our forests and our climate, protects the rights of communities that depend on these resources, and promotes forward thinking strategies to preserve of our planet. A core principle in that effort is our commitment to finding systemic solutions that do not promote or continue systems of oppression or injustice.
For 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life. Over the last decade, RAN’s Energy and Finance Program has succeeded in pushing leading banks like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citi and Royal Bank of Canada to pass policies that curb investments in companies that contribute to deforestation and climate change.
The ideal Special Events Assistant will bring extraordinary energy, a love of multi-tasking, multi-faceted skills in event coordination and project management and the ability to work across multiple departments. The part-time Special Events Assistant should be comfortable taking a lead on event production and deliverables, and supporting the team on event aspects from theme and panel selection to follow-up and donor cultivation. This newly created position works closely with the Development Director and Major Donor and Individual Giving Manager. The Special Events Assistant will join a fast-paced team that cares deeply about consistency of brand message, customized outreach, professionalism and creating special settings for intimate gatherings and big benefit events.
SUPPORT OVERALL EVENT COORDINATON: Space, materials, and logistics for events and special projects. This includes scheduling, catering, ordering supplies and materials, tracking registration and attendance, fulfilling requests for information, maintaining a calendar of events and assistance in setup and breakdown, as needed.
SUPPORT INTER-DEPARTMENTAL EVENT PRODUCTION: Schedule and organize presentation for Kick-off all new events with Devo, Digital, Executive, and Comms teams. Create timeline and manage deliverables from all teams involved.
SUPPORT DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT AND WEBSITE PRESENCE FOR ALL EVENTS: Activities include producing event-related eblasts, social media promotions, upkeep for event web pages and other special event website projects.
SUPPORT ALL FUNDRAISING OPERATIONS AND EVENT PRODUCTION FOR OUR SIGNATURE EVENT REVEL: from managing event visibility to upholding the event budget. Activities also include managing auction(s), all donor and sponsorship communications digital and offline, all marketing and promotions, and tracking (attendance, budget, follow-up activities). Organize weekly meetings and provide updated reports as needed.
- Prepare and track invoices, participant stipends and vendor payments. Track all bills for payment. Assist with budget tracking and forecasting, reclassifications and tracking expenses and revenue as needed.
- Manage ran.org presence for Special Events.
- Participate in Development Department weekly team meetings, half-yearly planning retreats and bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Share office responsibilities to maintain a healthy and safe workplace, including participation in RAN’s Racial Justice initiatives.
- This position is based in our San Francisco headquarters. Remote work is not possible.
- BA/AA preferred but not required.
- Fast typer, ability to learn keyboard shortcuts. Comfortable working on the computer and learning new programs.
- Database and Microsoft Excel experience preferred, Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
- Detailed oriented and thorough.
- Ability to lift and carry banker boxes full of documents.
- Experience responsibly handling money/credit cards.
- Some experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Interest in RAN’s mission, environmental action, and racial justice a plus.
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
The salary for this position is competitive for the small non-profit San Francisco Bay Area market. Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus an employer funded HSA), VSP & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vesting employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical. Part time positions are pro-rated.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly with the link below: