Rainforest Action Network’s development team raises $5-8 million annually through individual prospecting, direct mail, online campaigns, special events, foundations and other fundraising approaches. The Donor Systems Associate joins a 6-person team. This person is responsible for these main areas:
- Use and oversee (daily) all tools and electronic systems required for donor database management;
- Ensure the quality of all database output including all lists and reports, as needed;
- Under the supervision of the Membership Manager be the point person on all fundraising data; manage and process all membership gifts, including direct mail and online giving;
- Provide donor research, analysis and data mining across all of our fundraising revenue streams including planned giving.
- Be the development department’s forward-facing customer service person liaisoning with all donors including answering the phone/emails and providing excellent customer service.
A successful candidate will have extensive experience in database management particularly Raiser’s Edge, third party vendor management, fundraising data entry and analysis, and a proven ability to organize and prioritize work, take initiative, and coordinate multiple concurrent projects. They will also have a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a creative, fast-paced environment.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Manage our donor database (Raiser’s Edge) – be the gatekeeper for all of RAN’s fundraising data
- Maintain knowledge of new developments and features of Raiser’s Edge
- Maintain users and security settings for Raiser’s Edge
- Oversee gift entry/processing. (open, sort, and process our high volume of mail
- Enter gifts and reconcile finances with accounting department
- Serve as point person for RA,N donor-related customer service by fielding donor calls and answering general mailbox inquiries.
- Serve as the development department point-person for Raiser’s Edge and other CRM programs
- Oversee donor analytics, reports, and systems as it pertains to data needed to cultivate and steward RAN members, major donors, and foundations
- Build queries and exports for complex mailing lists such as newsletters, membership direct mail and online appeals, and event invitations
- Support production of standard and custom reports – determining with staff and Direct Mail consultants which are needed regularly (weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Participate in weekly meetings with our Direct Mail consultants to ensure donor data is maintained, updated, and extracted accurately
- Acknowledge all donor gifts within a specified timeframe
- Provide all donor data requested by Executive Director, Development Director, Membership Manager and Board of Directors
- Be the point person and update files with relevant and new materials from donor research
- Field calls and general mailbox/be the point person for RAN customer service relations
- Create email and CRM donation pages
- Be part of a new summer audit of RAN’s database and manage subsequent data-related recommendations
- Support Planned Giving efforts with data sorts and mailings
- Be the point person for internal development department/office activities (calendar items, reminders, department lunch plans, special agendas)
- Manage merchant services and gateways (Payflow Pro, PayPal, Pivotal, BMS, and Dharma)
- Participate in weekly team meetings, half-yearly planning retreats and bi-weekly staff meetings
- Share office responsibilities to maintain a healthy and safe workplace
- Professional experience in non-profit fundraising with a basic understanding of various fundraising channels a plus
- Expert or proficient knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge or comparable fundraising software, online CRM’s, and donor-facing web programs
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel) and Google applications
- Effective communication skills both oral and written; ability to respectfully engage with donors
- Solid organizational skills. Able to manage multiple projects and adapt to shifting priorities
- Positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrated skill in customer service
- Interest in Anti-Oppression issues a plus
RAN values diversity, educates staff on issues including privilege and oppression, and seeks to integrate these values into all of our work. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this process and work with us to create a just, inclusive, and sustainable work environment, movement, and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities.
Salary is competitive for the non-profit Bay Area market and benefits include full health (employer funded Health Savings Account), VSP & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vesting employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical.
Please send resumes and letters of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Status Exempt, Full Time
Location: San Francisco, CA