RAN has an opening for a independent contractor position on our Digital Engagement Team for a Digital Campaign Strategist for the Climate and Energy Program. This part-time (20-30 hours/week) position is open for application immediately. The Digital Campaign Strategist will work closely with RAN’s Climate Program to provide the technical backbone necessary for effective online campaigning. The successful candidate will be meticulous in construction of online resources and have thoughtful ideas on how to create actions and user experiences which support the campaigns and are engaging to the supporters who will participate in them. They will be experienced and strategic in leveraging both in-house resources such as our email list and digital platform, NationBuilder, as well as social media to leverage supporter muscle and provide concrete results for the campaign. The Digital Campaign Strategist will be responsible for evaluating data, testing, and reporting back on insights and knowledge gained from each online action completed. In addition to the utilization of online assets in strong and effective campaigning, the Digital Campaign Strategist will be responsible for assisting with growth of RAN presence across social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter. The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills—for example, they will be able to craft an excellent advocacy email, and create effective social media copy.
Location: Flexible, San Francisco preferred. A successful applicant outside of San Francisco must be comfortable and effective working in a distributed team from a home office.
- Working with campaigners, the Digital Campaign Strategist will plan and execute all aspects of robust campaigns in the digital space to move corporate targets.
- With assistance from the communications team, the Digital Campaign Strategist will write email blasts, social media content, and other written materials for online production.
- Build, test, and deploy online action pages.
- Create blogs or other news releases.
- Create and test emails and other online communications.
- Use online tools such as Share Progress, Brigade, Causes, and MoveOn Petitions to increase reach and growth for RAN’s campaigns.
- Create forms and surveys using NationBuilder.
- Use Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other data reporting tools to track all communications and their impacts.
- Provide analysis of online performance and recommendations for changes when needed.
- Manage followers on social media and implement strategies to grow reach.
- Create content highlighting regions impacted by fossil fuel extraction and/or climate change.
- 6 months - 1 year of experience using online advocacy tools such as Nation Builder, Blue State Digital, Action Kit, Salsa, Convio, etc.
- 6 months - 1 year of experience writing advocacy content for online use.
- Preferred: experience as an organizer or campaigner with an advocacy non-profit
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Experience using social media for campaigning such as Twitter and Facebook
- Experience using basic reporting tools to analyze and track data
- Ability to work independently from a remote location, to follow instructions, and complete tasks across time zones with a minimal amount of supervision if necessary
- Preferred: Experience using A/B testing in an advocacy or marketing capacity
- Strong commitment to and belief in the power of using online resources to help empower communities and activists to right wrongs and make change in the world.
RAN values diversity, educates staff on issues including privilege and oppression, and integrates these values into all of our work. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this process and work with us to create a just, inclusive, and sustainable work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, writing sample, and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.