For more than 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned to preserve forests, protect the climate and uphold human rights by challenging corporate power and systemic injustice through research, education, partnerships, peaceful direct action, grassroots organizing, strategic campaigns and communications. We are committed to working with Indigenous and frontline communities directly impacted by profit-driven systems of injustice. In partnership with allies from around the world, RAN challenges corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt policies that reduce their contributions to climate change.
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world.
The Digital Campaign Manager will be responsible for staff management of Climate and Forest Digital Campaign Strategists (DCS’s) and the Social Media Strategist, assessing and setting social media strategy, working closely with RAN’s Campaign teams to provide strategic digital planning and other organizational-level online rapid response activities. The successful candidate will know how to drive strategic planning and cross-departmental input, lead campaign engagement with RAN’s supporter base, and build supporters up the ladder of engagement from online to offline action. The Digital Campaign Manager will plan and implement a range of digital strategies and tactics, including best practices and testing innovative tools as the field continues to grow and evolve. They will be responsible for analyzing data, testing, and sharing insights and knowledge gained from each online action completed.
The Digital Campaign Manager will also be responsible for managing the strategy and growth of RAN’s presence across our social media channels with the Social Media Strategist. The ideal candidate will be creative, experienced leading national and international digital campaigns, have strong writing skills, excellent project management, and strong interpersonal skills working across teams.
This position is full-time, reporting directly to the Digital Director.
- Serve as a senior member of the digital team by collaborating, advising and supporting team members and the Digital Director in setting department-wide priorities and goals.
- Hire, train, mentor, and line manage Digital Campaign Strategists and Social Media Strategist.
- Collaborate closely with the Digital Director, Organizing department, strategists, and campaigners on creating cutting-edge, creative and impactful digital campaigning content and execution to move our campaign targets.
- Develop campaign strategies and email story arcs to engage RAN’s current and potential audiences and help achieve our campaign’s theory of change
- Manage RAN’s social media presence, including creating and implementing our social strategy, project management of posting across issue areas and teams, audience growth, and robust data analysis to adapt our strategy and grow our following. Keep ahead of shifting algorithms and adapt strategy and tactics to evolve our presence. Curate content from partner and media sites with an emphasis on social solidarity. Coordinate with Digital fundraising efforts.
- Edit campaign content for advocacy emails, social media, text messages and blogs. Convert complex campaigns into relatable and actionable language that utilizes digital best practices to convert email and social media followers into RAN advocates.
- Incorporate RAN’s commitment to racial justice across social media channels, and in our email communication with supporters.
- Act as a liaison to the Organizing team, develop strategy and tactics to cultivate our online supporters into offline activists.
- Build, test, and deploy advocacy and fundraising pages and emails as needed.
- Provide in-depth data analysis of digital performance across channels and platforms, make strategic adjustments to improve performance.
- Grow RAN’s email list through joint action alerts and the use of online tools such as Share Progress and MoveOn Petitions.
- Support other aspects of RAN’s work (e.g. helping during major fundraising events, grassroots trainings, or campaign priorities as requested by supervisor).
- Self-starter, strong team player with solid interpersonal skills in working across campaigns, hierarchies, staff expertise and functions.
- Solid experience using online advocacy tools such as Engaging Networks, Blue State Digital, Action Kit, Salsa, Convio, etc. and writing advocacy content for online use.
- At least 3 years of experience using social media, such as Twitter and Facebook, for campaigning, including fluency in social media performance metrics, Facebook insights and Ads manager.
- Experience supervising full-time staff.
- Deep understanding of the digital campaigning space, including new and emerging tools and platforms, reporting tools to analyze and track data.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills, interpersonal and collaboration skills and ability to work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proficient use of HTML.
- Commitment to data-driven approach, analytics, while maintaining openness and excitement for innovating with new tools, approaches and tactics.
- Strong commitment to advancing racial justice, climate protection, and belief in the power of using online resources to help empower communities and activists.
- Understanding of advocacy campaigning and experience in moving targets with digital tactics.
- Experience as an organizer or campaigner.
- Experience using A/B testing in an advocacy or marketing capacity.
- Experience with online to offline organizing and mobilization.
This is a full-time position with an anticipated starting salary range of $75k-85k, commensurate with experience. RAN staff are eligible to work remotely from anywhere they choose, or to work out of RAN’s office in San Francisco.
Benefits include 100% RAN-paid health, dental and vision insurance for the employee and their partner/family, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years) as well as a paid winter break, and a retirement plan with a 3% employer match. Additionally, after each 5 years of service, staff are eligible for a 12 week fully-paid sabbatical.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND ACCESS
RAN is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing all people with equal access to employment and volunteer opportunities. If you need assistance with accommodations during our interview or employment process, please contact HR@ran.org. We encourage applicants of color and from other historically excluded identities to apply for this position.
Please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter.