For 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life. In coalition with Indigenous communities and allies from around the world, RAN uses non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing, education, and strategic communications to challenge corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt comprehensive policies that reduce their contributions to global warming.
RAN is seeking a creative, highly collaborative individual to take on the Donor Services Assistant role. Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Individuals and Events, and working closely with the Membership Coordinator, the ideal candidate will be excited to support RAN’s individual giving efforts and interface with donors that want to learn more about RAN’s work. This position will be an integral member of the fundraising team, and will support the department through donor services and coordinating donor engagement opportunities for this mission-driven organization. The position is preferred to be in San Francisco, remote work is okay as well.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Donor Services Support – Monitor and respond to requests from various channels (email, mail, phone, etc) and membership updates (solicitation changes, sustainer updates, donations, donor info updates, etc) and field high level questions (programmatic, planned giving, system issues); update donor records with any changes or relevant communications; track the donor stewardship efforts of the Individual Giving and Executive Teams in database
- Donor Engagement Support – Support in reporting engagement and member trends; support in writing and preparing donor appeals, email updates, and other development-related content as needed
- Work with the Membership Coordinator to support outreach to RAN member base through newsletters, volunteer opportunities and community events
- Work with the Individual Giving team to create and implement creative ways to enhance donor engagement and experience
- Support the Development Team in outreach efforts for individuals as needed (thank-a-thon, event invitations, etc.)
- Other tasks and special projects to support individual giving efforts as needed
- Experience working in non-profit development preferred
- Customer service and solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to efficiently solve problems and tie in help as needed
- Strong project and time management skills; detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects while adapting to shifting priorities
- Team player with commitment to collaborating with peers, and supporting departmental and organizational well-being and values
- An entrepreneurial nature that combines curiosity and creativity with a learning attitude, ability to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel) and Google applications
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences
- Interest in RAN’s mission, environmental issues, human rights and racial justice
This position is a temporary one-year role based in our San Francisco headquarters. The successful candidate will need to be able to work in downtown San Francisco – remote work okay.
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
The salary for this position is $50,000 – $53,000 based off a competitive San Francisco Bay Area Non-profit location, The final salary will be determined based on the candidate experience & overall qualifications and adjusted down depending on the candidate’s geographical location compared to the SF Bay Area (Example: If an employee is hired in Kansas City, the salary would be geographically adjusted down to the comparable salary region).
Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus an employer funded HSA), VSP & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vesting employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical.
How to Apply:
Please apply directly to the link below:
Supervisor: Emily Selzer
Status: Exempt, Salaried Benefited position
Location: San Francisco preferred/Remote okay