For 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life. In coalition with Indigenous communities and allies from around the world, RAN uses non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing, education, and strategic communications to challenge corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt comprehensive policies that reduce their contributions to global warming.
RAN’s Climate and Energy Program fights alongside people directly impacted by dirty energy, challenging corporate practices that place profits above people and the planet. In the 21st century, we should not be using deadly and outdated technology to power our communities. We are currently tackling the world’s dirtiest fossil fuels, coal and oil, and the leading banks that make their expansion possible, to address the root causes of climate change
But the path forward is not only about stopping the worst impacts of climate change. It is also about envisioning and planning for the future that we want to live in. The fossil fuel industry and their political allies are pushing us towards climate catastrophe. RAN believes that people acting together can change this, as we have seen time and again throughout history.
RAN has an opening for a full-time position on our Digital Engagement Team for a Digital Campaign Strategist for the Climate and Energy Program. The Digital Campaign Strategist will work closely with RAN’s Climate Program to provide & assist in digital strategy and technical backbone necessary for effective online campaigning.
Specific Duties for DCS:
- Working alongside the campaigners & under the general supervision of the Sr. Digital Campaign Strategist, the Digital Campaign Strategist will assist with planning and executing all aspects of robust campaigns in the digital space to move corporate targets. With assistance from the communications team, the Digital Campaign Strategist will coordinate writing email blasts, social media content, and other written materials for online production or news releases.
- Assist with Building, testing, and deploying online action pages.
- Test emails and other online communications for release.
- Use online tools such as Share Progress, Brigade, Causes, and MoveOn Petitions to increase reach and growth for RAN’s campaigns.
- Create advocacy and donation forms and surveys using NationBuilder or similar CRM platforms.
- Use Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other data reporting tools to track all communications and their impacts.
- Assist in providing analysis of online performance and recommendations for changes when needed.
- Manage followers on social media
- Assist with maintaining data systems to support online to offline organizing
- Create content highlighting the impacts of fossil fuel extraction, banking practices that support the extraction, and support storytelling from those directly impacted.
- Support our digital fundraiser in creating fundraising appeals that are connected to advocacy appeals
- Work openly and cooperatively within a high functioning team dynamic
- 2-3 years of experience using ECRMs like NationBuilder, Engaging Networks, Salsa, Convio
- 2-3 years of experience writing advocacy content and building or implementing digital advocacy strategy.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excitement and passion for data and digital strategy
- Experience working within the climate movement or advocacy work that is similar.
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Self-starter, ability to work from and be managed from remote locations. Experience working with remote colleagues.
- Experience using social media, such as Twitter and Facebook, for campaigning
- Passionate commitment to climate protection, human rights and/or corporate campaigning
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
The target range for this position is based off a competitive San Francisco Bay Area Non-profit Salary, which is between $53,000 and $58,000. The final salary will be determined based on the candidate experience & overall qualifications.
NOTE** Further adjustments to the final salary will also be made depending on the candidate’s geographical location compared to the SF Bay Area.
Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus an employer-funded HSA), VSP & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vesting employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff becomes eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply at the link below:
Supervisor: Linda Capato – Sr. DCS
Location: San Francisco/remote